Partner, Marketing and Education Director
Passion for Paving
In 1987, Mike was given the task at E.J. Breneman of spearheading the Cold In-Place Asphalt Division of Breneman and stayed in this position until 1996. He then took over the Marketing and Education Division and helped to expand E.J. Breneman to serve over 21 states.
- 2002 - 2004 President of the Asphalt Recycling & Reclaiming Association (ARRA)
- Member of Federal Highway Association Task Force 38 - AASHTO-AGC-ARTBA Joint Committee, Report on Cold In-Place Asphalt Recycling
- Member of the Pennsylvania Asphalt Applicators Manufacturers Association
- Member of the Montgomery County Public Works Association
- T2 - LTAP Instructor
- United States Air Force Instructor
- World of Asphalt Instructor
- Board of Directors, Foundation for Pavement Preservation (FP2)
Professional Consultative Services
- Research and Testing: In some cases, E.J. Breneman will take exploratory core borings of asphalt, sub-base materials, and soil for future analysis and testing.
- On-site Evaluation: An E.J. Breneman representative will visit your state, county, or local municipality to view your infrastructure with your engineer, Public Works Director, or state highways official. We will provide you with guidance on pavement preservation or re-construction on highways and roadways within your jurisdiction.
- Education: In-house presentations on Crack-sealing; Micro-surfacing; Cold-In-Place Asphalt Recycling; Full-Depth Reclamation (FDR); and Soil Stabilization (SS).
- Certification: Engineers and construction inspectors are the most valuable assets of the highway department. At E.J. Breneman, we recognize this value. Starting in 2013, we will be offering industry-standard education, testing, and certifications. More information coming soon!
For all inquiries in the Eastern half of the United States, please email
Mike at or call his cell phone: 610.636.0121.